Humminbird 587ci.. Questions/Opinions

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class
anyone have one, just lookin for opinions on it.. not sure if im gonna purchase it but i looked for it on amazon an didnt have any reveiws for it and searched for it on here but didnt find anything..

So my question is, for those of you who have one or know of a buddy who has one.. Do they like them, are they easy to work, how hard are they to install, and are they worth the money?

thanks in advance..

Pat Curtis

Cadet
Re: Humminbird 587ci.. Questions/Opinions

I bought a 597ci last week for only $30 more than the 587ci from Bass Pro Shops. Both units are alike though, albeit the 597ci has a higher resolution and brighter screen.

If you want, I can post my thoughts on the 597ci after I get done testing it this weekend? I don't think the two have any different options other than the differences I listed...so my thoughts on mine should pertain to the unit you're looking at.

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

heh, well if there pretty much the same that'll be fine with me i dont mind.. hell it might make me upgrade to the 597 instead hah..

Pat Curtis

Cadet

Since the lakes here in NE Indiana are all flooded, it may not be until next Friday until I can get the boat out. BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hah thats cool.. i just wish it wasnt raining here so i coulda went out today

roadrash

Seaman

I did alot of research on the hummin bird brand before i bought one. Depends what your going to use it for. If i remember correct the tranducer 4 the 500 series is single beem witch i troll alot on lake ontario and everone uses dual beam out here, so i went with a older 787c2. also the 700 series would let you hook up a side or quad tranducer witch think the 500 would let you. Also 500 watts power where the 500 is like 250 or 350.