Thundercraft Remodel

hello all. i have a late 80s thundercraft. i'm asking anyone and everyone for tips on how to completely remodel it. the motor runs like a champ but everything else about the boat is in bad condition. if anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Thundercraft Remodel

Head over to the restoration section. You'll find all the information you need and more. That would also be the place for you to post your specific rebuilding questions.

mphy98

Lieutenant
Re: Thundercraft Remodel

I have a 79 Thundercraft SS180 that I did an extreme boat makeover on it. It depends on what you want out of it as to what you need to do. Mine is an open bow that I just wanted to use for fishing and leave it up in Canada. So I tore out the seats, carpet and a few other things and Installed new carpet, pedestal seats, gps fishfinder combo, vhf radio, repaint the side stripes, going to put a keel guard on when it warms up, an extra automatic bilgepump, and a livewell with a timed aerator. I spent more on the mods than what the boat cost. It will be worth it though to have a boat when I take the kids and my dad to Canada twice a year. So in closing you decide if it is going to be a ski boat, fishing boat, family cruiser, ect. Then decide what you need to do with it for your boat makeover.