Bimini, mooring cover or ????

Moody Blue

Captain
Trying to decide how to best spend the little money I have on a cover for the boat. The boat is a 16ft deep V fiberglass runabout with an 80hp outboard.

Bought the boat last summer but the cover that came with it was in very poor shape. It is/was what I would call a convertible cover, the kind that provides a fully enclosed cover with clear windows on the side and back and would allow passengers to sit inside. Some zippers were torn, the vinyl windows were discolored and ripped and there was heavy mildew on portions of it. Not sure if its worthwhile to repair or not.

My main priority is to provide cover for the boat while docked overnight or while stored on a trailer. The boat is more often than not trailered to various lakes in the area so the cover must withstand highway speeds.

Easy of installing and removing is important both in the water and on the trailer.

What are your recommendations, pros and cons and personal experiences.

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bimini, mooring cover or ????

You need 2 different covers my friend.
- Iboats sell some nice "semi-custom" full covers that work for trailering as well as mooring. They are used for weather protection when nobody is aboard.

-OTOH, when onboard you want a bimini (convertible) top, BUT they are not made for trailering at highway speeds.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bimini, mooring cover or ????

I got a Westland cover from here at iBoats on crazy sale the end of last season. It fits my 16' closed bow great and the outboard "pocket" fits great also.