Transom mount to bow for trolling mtr

doomanmxz99

Seaman
Hey guys I have a 16ft Chapperal Tri Hull that I would like to mount a Transom mount trolling mtr up on the bow. I have bow rails that I cant take off cause of the kids. Any ideas or pics of some brackets for doing such a project?? The trolling mtr is a MinnKota 65 weedless 28lbs thrust. I would mount out back but no real room and they are pretty hard to control so I would prefer to mount up front. Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Transom mount to bow for trolling mtr

mount a bracket that will extend outside the rail, when the motor is not in use, it will lay just outside the rail. you will also have to turn the head of the motor around. easy job.

doomanmxz99

Seaman

Does anybody have any pics of ones they have made???? I already have the head turned around. That was easy.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

You can buy bow mount kits at the store that sells motors. There is a rope you use to pull the motor up, and it swivels and lies on the side of the boat. On the deck of the bow.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Before you butcher your boat, make sure the saft is long enough. Transom mount motors typically have a 36 inch shaft. Bow mounts normally require a much longer shaft.