1988 Johnson VRO 150 /couple diff. questions.

Imissedem

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am new to the boating scene./Just wondering if i can mix the fuel myself and eliminate using oil mixing resivoir.Just started it the other day for first time by mixing.There is only one line hooked up and one empty line fitting also that is for oil res.Is this ok and should you plug or cap the other nipple. Next is trim?got power but wont go up or down.air bound /low on oil? Thanks in advance. I do have the manual but thought it may be faster this way than me spending a couple hours reading.Thanks JOHN.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1988 Johnson VRO 150 /couple diff. questions.

plug the oil line, disconnect the sender wires on the oil tank, and on the fuel pump. mix fuel 50:1, then remove the fuel line at the carb, or close to the carb, pump primer bulb till the fuel changes color, blueish has oil in it. reconnect. have a nice day of boating.

Imissedem

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1988 Johnson VRO 150 /couple diff. questions.

Thank you Tashasdaddy/ i will check it out ................ANYONE else on Trim problem?I just started to mess around with this boat due to the warmer weather coming here in R.I. Bought the boat back in Dec. and just started trying to hook things up .