SportsMansWarehouse to close !!!!

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just got an e-mail from the store in Witchita KS that they are one of 23 stores nation wide that are closing within the next 60 days.

If you shop this chain and are not on their maililng list I suggest you get on it asap. Were I not on the mailing I would not have known about their closing, and I was planning a visit in May. (3 hr drive for me)

They should be having some outrageous sales over the next few weeks.

:mad:

WizeOne

Commander
Re: SportsMansWarehouse to close !!!!

They should be having some outrageous sales over the next few weeks.

:mad:

Sad to see any bidna fail but I hope their going outta bidna sale is more legit than most!:rolleyes:

mthieme

Captain

Hmmm, the nearest one is 4-5 hours away.
I hate when that happens.

evinice66

Petty Officer 2nd Class

with all the "going out of buisness sales" you gotta think that they saw it coming.... and also that they are still making money even when things are 75% off! i just dont see why places that know they will go out of buisness in the next couple of months start selling things 50% off and call it a "staying in buisness sale" ........ :confused:

fishrdan

Admiral

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

A new one JUST opened 2 months ago,,, 5 miles from my house. I hope they are not on the list....

fishrdan

Admiral

Just checked and I'm SOL. Finally get a nice sporting goods store close to home and this happens, guess it's a sign of how bad the economy really is. A chain axing a store after only a few months :confused:

News

March 10, 2009

Stuart Utgaard, the Chairman and CEO of Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings, today announced that the company is taking two major actions to improve liquidity.

1. 23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt.

? Aurora, CO
? Coon Rapids, MN
? DePere, WI
? Henderson, NV
? Lafayette, IN
? Las Cruces, NM
? Las Vegas, NV
? Legacy, TX
? Memphis, TN
? Nampa, ID
? New Berlin, WI
? Oklahoma City, OK
? Pittsburgh, PA
? Pocatello, ID
? Roanoke, VA
? Rogers, AR
? Round Rock, TX
? St. Cloud, MN
? Sioux Falls, SD
? Southaven, MS
? Visalia, CA
? Wichita, KS
? Woodbury, MN

2. 15 stores are being sold to UFA Co-op.

? Bend, OR
? Bozeman, MT
? Burlington, WA
? Coeur d?Alene, ID
? Fargo, ND
? Federal Way, WA
? Helena, MT
? Kennewick, WA
? Lacey, WA
? Missoula, MT
? Portland, OR
? Salem, OR
? Silverdale, WA
? Spokane, WA
? Vancouver, WA

It is hoped that these actions will enable the firm to go forward as a viable entity with approximately 2,300 employees. Sportsman's Warehouse is a leading outdoor retailer of sporting goods headquartered in Midvale, Utah.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/company.cfm

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

We go to the Memphis one a lot. Dang. But since the first day I walked in and only saw about 6 shoppers I said it wouldn't be long. ****'s Sporting goods just opened across the street from Sportsman's. I fear they're next. The only one that seems to do well is the small Bass Pro Shops in Bartlett. They focus more on hunting and fishing goods. In fact, practically everything in BPS can be used while hunting or fishing. The other guys had too much inventory in bikes, golf stuff, fitness equipment etc. The kind of things that you go in to see if you like and then order them cheaper on the net.

Johnny Morris built an empire on 3 dollar crankbaits and shotgun shells.

-and ammo sales is up.;)

chiefalen

Captain

Never been in the store, none near me. Store doesn't have online shopping !

What store nowadays doesn't let you buy online ?

No catalog?

Must be me. But you want to stay in business you need to be online.

Whoever was running this business didn't know what they were doing, plain and simple.

Maybe they didn't want to stay in business. And there are a lot of reasons people start up, and then close down, make more money that way.

fishrdan

Admiral

Here's the latest,,,

Sportsman's Warehouse will kick off it's liquidation sale starting March 11th 2009. Come on in our loss is your gain on the savings. Everything must go! 10% to 30% off all items Excluding Ammo and all guns. Nothing will be held back. All Sales are Final! No Returns or Exchanges.

Las Vegas No. 175 - Est. 2008 (November :eek:)

chiefalen

Captain

Wish there was one near me. Been looking to pick up another pistol, and a new hunting outfit my son the giant just stole my coveralls and i need a new one.

Oh well.