14' sears gamefisher jonboat ?????

mallardmasher

Seaman Apprentice
i cant find the value of this boat in any bluebook or nada guides can someone plz tell me who made this boat if sears claimed it. dont want to pay too much for it..it is a 1982 sears gamefisher 14' aluminum jon boat
thanx any info is greatly appreciated or even a link for bluebook value

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 14' sears gamefisher jonboat ?????

it probably has zero KBB value due to it's age, it's more of a what's it worth to you value depending on condition.

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

I've bought , sold and owned close to 2 doz 12-14 aluminum boats in the last 10 years. ( IT's a hobby.) Many of them Sears. I can tell you that up this way, it would be worth $150-280 depending on it's condition (and if you had title in a title state). Post a pic and I can narrow it down for you.

CATransplant

Admiral

I've bought , sold and owned close to 2 doz 12-14 aluminum boats in the last 10 years. ( IT's a hobby.) Many of them Sears. I can tell you that up this way, it would be worth $150-280 depending on it's condition (and if you had title in a title state). Post a pic and I can narrow it down for you.

I agree. That's about what they sell for in my area, too. That said, there are so many little aluminum boats in Minnesota that you can almost always find one for around $100 if you're willing to chat up someone who has one in his backyard with weeds growing in it.

mallardmasher

Seaman Apprentice

14-2.jpg

14-1.jpg

14.jpg

thanks do you guys know who made the sears model?

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

That one looks very clean for it's age! I'd ask $280 (maybe even $300) and be willing to go $250 if it doesn't sell fast. Spring time brings premiums for these little boats and new ones are 3X that price.

p.s. Agree that little aluminum boats are abundant but 12' are the most common and what you'll find in the $100 range. A 14' cartopper is less common and a nice find. I'd buy that one myself if we were close!.

p.s. Just a note that soem states require a title for a 14' boat. If it's not available , the boat is worth 1/2 that. ( Or buy it as a 13' 10" which it just might be anyway.)

Flatbottom126

Recruit

Appleby made the Sears Jon boats for many, many years (in 10, 12, 14, and even 16ft)...also called the Appleby car-topper...it is now a part of the G3 family.

sfsurvivor

Recruit

It may be a Ted Williams - - I'm told his name was on boats in that era also :) Mike