Smart Tabs SX Blemished Warranty

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
FYI:
We have been receiving calls regarding the warranty on the Smart Tabs SX series Blemished sets offered here on iboats. The blemished sets (at $99.95) are covered by the same "product warranty" and the same "performance guaranty" as the regular SX product. All components are new, never used. The blemishes are surface irregularities from the molding process. In keeping with our "Green" policy, we decided not to discard these plates, and offer them through iboats.

Re: Smart Tabs SX Blemished Warranty

When you say "surface irregularities" can you elaborate? Does this mean the shape is a bit out of whack or is the color a bit off, etc.? I'm interested in a pair and just wanted some clarification.

If the warranty is in full effect then what happens if one breaks? Are they replaced with others that exhibit "surface irregularities" or are they replaced with "good" ones?

I'm not opposed to buying them if it truly is a cosmetic discrepancy but I don't want to sacrifice any performance.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

These would go well on my "blemished" boat :)

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Stingray;

First, we would never knowingly sell a product that compromised performance or structural integrity.
Second, the blemish is a surface or finish irregularity in the area around the base of the actuator attachment rib.
Third, if the product failed under warranty we would most likely replace them with non blemished product since the blemished plates would be gone.
I hope this answers your questions.

That certainly does answer my questions. Thank you very much for that.

I'm with ezmobee as these would make a great compliment to my blimished boat. I just hope the grim from the water doesn't cover up these "blimishes." :D

If anyone stoops down there to see these blimishes may they bump their head when they raise up. ;)

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Stingray;

You are welcome!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

this is great, good for the planet, and great for iboaters. thanks John.

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class

got mine, may have to wait till the May get together to have the experts help me decide where and how to mount them.

THANKS !