Yamaha F115TXRC 2004

jestomi

Recruit
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum ,wonedr if anyone can help me.
I have a sea pro 190cc with a yamaha F115 TXRC engine fitted.
I recently changed the oil and filter using penzoil marine 10w/30 and the yamaha denso 5GH 13440 filter.
I made sure i had the levels corect inside the markers on the dipstick.
The next time i took the boat out an alam sounded and the motor began chugging so i switched it off at this time we were not moving very fast just idling along.
Next some what i would call vapour not smoke came from the rectangular relief hole at the rear of the engine .
We left it for a while started it up and the same thing occured.
I got the boat back home and started reading the manual i thought it seemed as though it was overheating so i fitted the ears to the lower point and flushed the system .Started the engine again and the warning buzzer came on again whilst the engine was just idling and after around 3 or 4 mins so i stopped the enginge.
The next thing i tried was to fit the garden hose to the top flusing point .
I ran the enging for 15 or 20 mins whilst it was flushing and it seemed to be fine.
Woner if anyone has any sugestions as im sure there may be a blockage or something is not right.
Thank you.
Ne

sdsaw

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha F115TXRC 2004

From what you have described. It sounds as if you are not pumping cooling water to the powerhead from the waterpump.
Did you notice water streaming from the tell tail hole when you were on the water or had the muffs on?
When you attach to the upper flush port, the water circulates thru the motor without relying on the water pump to pump it up to the powerhead. That's why no overheat when you use the flush port
You might need a new water pump.

Scott