Celebrity Boat/ Double 7's

Evonn

Recruit
:confused:Several years ago I received a boat from my mother in law. We were told it was owned and operated by Mickey Mantel. I held on to this boat hopeing I might be able to put some money into it and investigate where the boat had been sold from and follow some history. Over the years I have been unable to find anything on this boat. I have several other boats and I am ready to get this one off my hands, but how do I know if I am getting the correct value for what I have. I am not looking to make a profit, just a fair selling cost. Here are the specs I have and I would like an opinion on what I should do....
V8 River Cruiser
Serial number:CYG16490M84G

It has an enclosed cabbin area in excellent condition. An enclosed bathroom, a gas range as well as a small microwave.

On both sides of the boat there are double bats and in the middle of the bats is the number 7.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to retrace the history of the boat or where I might go to at least get a fair value, please advise!

Thank You

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Celebrity Boat/ Double 7's

It's possible it was Mantle's, but it's going to be difficult to document, I'd think. Your best bet will be to search through Mickey Mantle photographs and see if you can find one of him in the boat. You might also try to trace the boat's registration numbers to see if he was the owner.

He did fish and boat, so it's not inconceivable that it's his boat. If it were, it would probably bring a premium of some size, but I can't guess how much. Without documentation, however, few would be interested in that aspect.

Evonn

Recruit
Re: Celebrity Boat/ Double 7's

Thank You! I will keep digging for pics....