Starcraft boats worth a look

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Lund 1650 Fisherman so I`m not trying to wave any flags here.

Starcraft has been a popular choice where I live do to a long standing dealer.

I don`t hear too mucH talk about Starcraft.

Starcraft has a great product line that is getting better all the time.

I may consider replacing my Lund with Starcraft when the time comes.

Starcraft is a independent boat maker so powering is the customers easier choice.

mthieme

Captain
Re: Starcraft boats worth a look

I had a 12' Starcraft as a kid. It withstood much abuse!;)

CATransplant

Admiral

Starcraft also built Sea King boats for Montgomery Ward back in the 60s. I have a 1964 12' one, and it's solid as a rock and has never had even a single leaky rivet.

Not a think wrong with Starcraft, and if you buy one of the Sea Kings they made, you can save a few bucks, since most folks don't know they made them.

Gillfisher

Cadet

I have a 69 Wards Sea King 14' and it does not leak a drop. Matter of fact I was going to replace it this year and have since decided that the boat is just too good to get rid of yet. I will be putting a new 20 HP Merc on it though and expect to repaint it this summer when the fishing slows a bit.

idrownworms

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use my 1970 starcraft on lakes just a few miles from where it was made. I never get enough water in it to take the drain plug out just let it sit on the trailer with the cover off for a couple of hours and it is as dry as a bone. Actually I almost didn't get this one because I never really wanted an aluminum boat but it was the right price, now I actually like them
jamie

APPALOOSA2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't tell much about the new ones, I have a 1971 18' Holiday 120 i/o.
But I figure look at how many old Starcraft's are still in the water.
They must be doing something right.

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used to spend August at a small lake cottage in Lake Tomahawk WI (has been in the ex's family for generations). There are always a few boats kicking around. one - a little ten foot starcraft - was always my favorite. Light blue - watertight as can be. No hard numbers, but my ex figured the boat to be at least 35 - 40 years old. And thats 35-40 winters of sitting by the shore under enormous pines, turned upside down. Every year it was the same - flip 'er over, hope no critters were living under it - get the spiders out of it - mount up the trolling motor - and go after those smallies. Also, there are a ton of Starcrafts in that area.

Man, I miss that cottage and that lake. There was always some kind of hatch right around dusk - lake was glass - and they LOVED eating my flies. I'd see one rise and cast to it..... I digress.

Starcrafts are great. But, I'm biased ;)

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I had a 14' Starcraft as a kid (no idea what year.. they don't seem to age) and, being a kid, gave it some fair use. I had dogs in it, dual engines on it and never gave a second thought to beaching it. If I were looking for a smaller boat, I would be looking for that exact boat. Of course, mine didn't have the cool doodads they have nowadays, only 3 seats and a bottom.