1993 Evinrude 200 exceleration problem

Randy1612

Recruit
Hello and I appretiate any help or opinions. I just installed a remanufactured powerhead, rebuilt the carbs and impellar, repalced the thermostates and bypass. Couldn't get it to idle smooth (would backfire through carbs)and it wouldn't run in gear at idle. Took it to a shop who repaired the reed valves, set the carb linkage, and increased the size of the idle air jets. It then ran great at idle and at high speed but after sitting for a while(while fishing) it would start and idle but would die when throttle is applied. If I continue to idle in gear for a while it acts like it would start to pick up gas and then it would run fine. Went back to the shop and a pressure test was done on the fuel and vro pump and found to be low at both idle and high speed. A vaccum test was also done on the fuel lines which appeared to be fine. Replaced the fuel and VRO pump which brought the presure up considerably. Back to the lake and it improved but at times, again when the motor sits in between runs the same problem occurs. Just like before I replaced the pump after running, everything works fine but after sitting for a while it dies when the trottle is applied. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1993 Evinrude 200 exceleration problem

sounds like it is flooding out on take off. either the larger idle jets are flooding it, or the link n sinc is off. or the float needle value is sticking, not allow more fuel in.