Carb Kit

tmgman

Cadet
I recently rescued a 7.5hp Evinrude Fleetwin from a friends basement where it has been sitting for about 15 to 20 years since it has last been run. Obviously I have to go through the carb and lower unit before I try and start it. The model# is 4443-43412. The problem I am having is that I can't find anyone that list a carb kit for this old of a model. Even here at I boats they do not go back this far, I have called several on line reputable boating stores with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can look for a kit. This model also has the neutral clutch. Thanks.

wbeaton

Commander
Re: Carb Kit

There is no carb kit for the 1951-52 Fleetwin. You will have to make your own gaskets. You should also reseal the cork float.

tmgman

Cadet
Re: Carb Kit

I just wanted to say thanks guys for the info and I have one more question. First of all, I tried sea-way and they referred me to Doug at vintageoutboard.com. He does have a kit available or the 51-52 fleetwin 7.5hp. The other question I had was what does this motor use for lower unit oil. I have not taken it apart yet but just wanted to ask. Thanks.