trigger conection

galillo

Seaman Apprentice
hi I just receive my new trigger for my motor Force 125hp 1988 serie c but this trigger has only 5 cables 1 for each cylinder and the ground my old trigger has 2 cables for each cylinder and the seloc manual do not tell me nothing about it, any ideas what I have to do.

Thanks

1fullforce

Seaman
Re: trigger conection

i believe you got a trigger for a 3 cylinder(6 wires) motor not a 4 cylinder(8 wires). they probably gave you the wrong trigger.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Yep! triggers do not have a common ground. Each trigger will have 2 wires coming from it.

Look inside the trigger ring and see if there are three or four steel colored cores. They will be filling slots in the aluminum. Three cores will be 120 degrees apart and four will be 90. Do not get confused, there are extra slots in the aluminum filled with (usually) black epoxy potting. Cores will be bright steel colored.

tigfit

Cadet

You probably have the right trigger check CDI Electronics web site the new triggers they say have been redesigned and they have a wiring drawing on there site! Hope that helps! Getting ready to order one myself for a Force 1989 150 hp.

galillo

Seaman Apprentice

hi I funally conect the trigger you was right the new triggers come with only five cables and one of them is ground the rest of the four you have to conected according the color so one of the old cables will be alone so will be as is. if you are infront of the cables conect the last on your right will be along then the next the first cable for the plug number one next will be along netx the other cable for cylinder number two so my english is not really good but you will have to go to the pahe of CDI because the instructions on the parts sucks.

Thanks.

galillo

Seaman Apprentice

perfect i do have spark in all cylinders now. the old trigger was burning the cdi's.

tigfit

Cadet

Any special place you hooked up the trigger ground? Doing mine now!

Thanks!