Title question

I just bought an old carolina boat. The guy had the engine title and the registration for the boat and engine, but could not find the title for the boat itself. Can I switch it into my name now or does he have to first get a duplicate title to give me. I'm in South Carolina. Anybody know the laws on this?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Title question

call the registering bureau. most likely he needs to get duplicate title. hope you have not given him the $$$ yet.

TRSC

Recruit

I just bought an old carolina boat. The guy had the engine title and the registration for the boat and engine, but could not find the title for the boat itself. Can I switch it into my name now or does he have to first get a duplicate title to give me. I'm in South Carolina. Anybody know the laws on this?

Did you buy that boat from govdeals.com? I saw one on there the other day.

Did you buy that boat from govdeals.com? I saw one on there the other day.

Nah i got it from a local guy around here. Its in good shape. 14ft with a johnson 25 on it. i only paid $500 for it. I know the guy so it won't be a problem getting a duplicate i was just wondering if there was a way around it.

call the registering bureau. most likely he needs to get duplicate title. hope you have not given him the $$$ yet.

I have paid for it but i know the guy pretty good. I shouldn't have a problem getting a duplicate. I just wish we didn't have to go through all the red tape.