Nissan NS8 FB No Spark

bearoaks

Recruit
I have tested stop button. R&I Flyweel Insected mag coil and flywheel magnets OK .Dont Know about flywheel air gap. I have 50ACvolts at leads when I pull the engine through. I dont know how to check coil &switch assy.Need advice Iwould prefer not to be a parts replacer!

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Nissan NS8 FB No Spark

Are you getting 50 vac at the input to the coil? Maybe a Pulse, not straight AC? And no spark? I would get a service manual, available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer. Sounds like a possible coil issue. See the troubleshooting chart in the manual for tests and results you should get.

bearoaks

Recruit

My volt meter is not digital so I am unable to see a pulse. I am assuming that the cyl. firing is controled by switching in the cd coil pack. My best bet would be is to get a service manual to ring out coil pack. It ways told to me that I needed a DVA Meter to chek output from the magneto and that a replacment pack was $270.00 plus shipping

Last edited:

pvanv

Admiral

You need to take ohm readings on the exciter, pulser, coil, and the cd box. That will help you determine the failed part.