1995 Tracker Remote Controls.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class
I took my tracker 2 weeks ago to the shop.they found that the nuetral switch had dislodged from the controls.They fixed it at the tune of $243.00.Which was fine,It worked and that was all that counted at the time.Well,on Sunday I went out to the lake and while trailering the boat,it all happened again.It stalled,then would not start,I knew exactly what it was.So,into the water I went and at least the boat was straight on the trailer.The service guys think that I did something wrong,and they want to charge me again.lol.What do you think I should do?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1995 Tracker Remote Controls.

what control is it? there is not a "tracker control" merc, johnson/evinrude, aftermarket???? i don't know anything off the top of my head that an operator could do to make a safety switch inoperable.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

It is a Mercury 40 hp,QuickSilver 3000 shift control.It is the original control that they put in the boat.When they fixed it,they tightened the loose shifter,they put a new plug in the nuetral button at the bottom,It stuck the fist time out,when I started it,but when I pushed the button in a couple of times it came loose and went into gear.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Then when I got it to the ramp and trailered it is when the switch went out,or whatever happened.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

they got it to work, but did not fix it. to me that is a big difference.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I picked the boat up today.They fixed for free.Good,and even gave me a new manuel for my Merc 40.They were good guys.Thanks