Idaho's Best Vacation spots

missruby

Seaman Apprentice
I live in northern CA. and have friends that live in Denver. THe half way point for our two families is +/- Southern Idaho. Does anybody out there half experiences in S.idaho? We're looking for boating, vacation rental, camp fire, marshmellows, etc. I have looked at Lake Cascade, have any of you been there? THanks for any input into the area!!

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Idaho's Best Vacation spots

denver, wow have spent 30+ years going there on vacations and visiting family.
nobody there now and has been a few years since i have visited.
love to ski and have almost every thing there, boy do i remember aspen.
got booted from from a motel for diving from the 3rd story balcony into the pool, they told me to stop but drunk's don't listen.
bear lake is gorgeous, never boated there but have been all around the lake.
was with a gorgeous lady around this gorgeous lake thus everything was beyond gorgeous:redface:
the lake is bottomless, shortly before we were there a light plane went down on the lake and was never recovered.
the plane and occupants are still down there some place.
river side inn/hotel in lava hot springs is a must see also.
no boating but the hot springs are great and you can tube the river.
was skiing out there and another so special lady showed it to me and this was before it was renovated and was condemned.
we kinda broke in and found what we could then hunkered down there for the night.
pocatello is another special place and also would be great boating.
soda springs is also special, it has the largest captive geyser in the world, it erupts every hour on the hour.
i totally love idaho, so much in utah also could go on with this for days.
google up bear lake and i think you will be beyond happy with it.
while leaving the lake this monster moose ran dead in front of our car and almost hit it.
didn't care about the car as it was rented but that was a beautiful moose.