Is it still winter?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Forecast calls for 3 to 5 more inches of snow tomorrow. The last time I used one of our snowblowers, I noticed the belt seemed to be slipping. So off to Lowes I go. Hmmmmmm, no snowblower parts anywhere. No snowblowers either? In this area, we can still get some major snow. Just doesn't make sense to me to put the winter items away yet when there is still 4-6 more weeks of winter. Guess I should have went to the mom and pop place first even if it was $12 more :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is it still winter?

They had to make room for the Easter stuff. :(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Got 6" yesterday and about 2" last night..... March is actually the snowiest month for us so..... it is still coming :(

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

still winter here. looks like another storm coming for weekend

WOW bob; eight inches?? of snow i mean:rolleyes::D:eek:

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

<sniffle> Why oh why won't the warm weather come?

I recall opening the pool April 1st last year.. I'm still not used to the seasonal patterns down here. It's only about 40F today.. after being 75F a few days ago.

aspeck

Staff member

Front door literally just blew open! Wind wiping and snow blowing and sun shining! Go figure! It doesn't know what it wants to do today!

DayCruiser

Ensign

We have a warm spell. Now it is chilly again. 5 more days then it is suppose to be back up into the 70s here. Usually, it stays more warm than cold after March 10th here. You can still have frosty days up until April 10th though. I have noticed a trend toward later Springs the past few years

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

It's been warm here for the last week or so, but is cooler today. It's supposed to get down into the 20s again here tonight.

But, based on what I'm seeing with the garden and trees, I believe this cold snap should be the last big one here before spring kicks in for real. My pollen allergies were certainly talking to me last week!

-BWR

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

As long as the water is liquid by April 18th, I'll be happy and won't care if I have to shovel snow off the dock. :D I'm sooo burnt out on these single and teen diget temps. Its sad when 25*F feels warm.............

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We had a bunch of snow from the middle of Dec to the 5th of Jan, then that was basically it till the last few days of Jan. And that was a good thing as my blower couldn't through the snow high enough along the driveway. So far in Feb, we haven't had much snow at all, Sunday it's suppost to rain and by Wed/Thu it's sduppost to change to snow and snow for several days. I'm a snow skier, so I don't mind more snow. That also means that when it melts, mwe are assured that the lake will be at full pool all Summer. We are lucky if they open the ramps here in Priest River by the end of June anyway.

So, I vote for MORE SNOW!!!!!

Our Weather forecast

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...0234375&site=otx&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

Craig

tallcanadian

Captain

we've had around 36 inches of snow this month alone. and march is our snowy month. lol. i look out my front window and all i see is a snow bank. i go out in my yard and look past the big snow bank and see my poor snow covered boat. i've been out there daily sweeping off the tarps. the lakes don't thaw around here until the second week of may, usually. i'm usually ready to go postal by then.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Got down to 28 degrees here this morning. This has been the coldest winter we've had since I moved to this area in 1998.

-BWR

mthieme

Captain

Still cold here and I'm thankful. If spring came tomorrow I would not be ready...so much to do...Gotta work on the Skiff (charging stator, rectifier, carb, install rails and bimini, etc.) and the Sea Ray (oil leak).

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Radar is showing a big white mass entering Ohio now. Should be here in a couple of hours.

For those needing parts for your snowblower or wanting to buy one,,,,,,,,don't go to Lowe's. They put them away already. They do have a good selection of lawn mowers ,,,,,,,, They haven't put them outside yet, maybe because of the ice melt and the large piles of snow in the parking lot? (I think they could have waited for at least 3 more weeks to move winter stock out)

mthieme

Captain

My snowblower is a Farmall Cub with a 7' blade on the front. I've only used it to move trailers around this winter.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

My snowblower is a Farmall Cub with a 7' blade on the front. I've only used it to move trailers around this winter.

My boss has a plow on his truck. He does my drive since it is on his way to one of the stores. :D........I'm Lovin it :D (sometimes)

sstuna

Cadet

Gotta go blow snow right now, we got about 4 inchs in sourthern MN. It had all just about melted to:(

mphy98

Lieutenant

That would be a really bad dream from where i'm sitting.

You guys down south really suck! :D Just kidding, I get that all the time from my inlaws. We got 6 inches of snow last night and all day snow today!!!!! I wish we would get global warming up here!!! At least for the winters. :D