Boat seat mounts???

a brickhead

Cadet
Hey there fellas.... I have a couple of seats that were given to me. They came with the "spider" or "swivel" still on them. I wanna mount them on my Aluminum V-hull, but with the existing benches, I don't want to use a post of any sort so as to keep them as low as possible. I measured the hole in the base of the seat as 2 7/8" and found a base of the correct size on E-bay (see pic). Is there any sort of "bushing" or "bearing sleeve" I need to insert into the seat base (see pic) to make it work with this base?? Hope I'm explaining this question clearly....Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 172169537_o.jpg
    172169537_o.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • seat base.jpg
    seat base.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 0

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat seat mounts???

i went to walmart and bought 4 bases, 2 seat bases w/spring, and 2 11" extensions (for bass fishing).

i put a base in each seat spot and of course on the front and back of the boat. now when i get to where i want to fish i just pull my driver seat up --and put in the extension--- add the seat and voila your fishing.

with this method you dont have to have 4 seats in your boat ............with the front one partially blocking your view............and there are also room, weight, and less wind resistance advantages............not to mention cheaper :D