Peel Away Marine Paint Stripper

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Peel Away Marine Paint Stripper

you may be the Guinea pig.

Bondo

Staff member

and I want to strip it back to the shiney aluminum again.

Ayuh,... I gotta ask,.... Why,..??

It don't Stay shiny for more than a few weeks,... At Best.....

Nandy

Commander

Oxidation in alum is real quick, actually, it start as soon as oxygen gets in contact with the metal. It wont be shiny for too long, but maybe the OP just like the bared alum color. I prefer to cover the alum with some rustoleum. Hunter green was my favorite!!!

dwyork@hotmail.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks promising...try it and let us know how it turns out. But as anything dealing with paint on boats "try just a test area first", LOL.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Peel Away is a great brand but pricey (at least there house division is) Dad's Easy Spray is another good product also comes in gallons

5150abf

Vice Admiral

If it has been painted don't expect it to be shiny unless you make it that way.

Strip the paint and get a medium Scotch Brite pad and start scuffing, only move in one direction,I would go front to back in line with the hull, maybe use some water, and that will get a nice finish but as stated, unless you put a Shark Hyde of some other product on it it won't stay shiny for long.

basstracker1970

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I dont really care if it stays shiney just want to see the aluminum again. The black paint on it now looks aweful. Chipped off everywhere and looks aweful. I dont want to bother with repainting and I like the aluminum look even if its a dull aluminum...