New Boater

• ??????

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ??????

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JLEE08

Cadet
I Am Buying A 1987 Basstracker With A Merc. 150 Blackmax.....the Thing Is I Am Reading A Lot Of In And Out's On The Merc.........is There Something I Should Know Before I Buy This Thing???????????????

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: New Boater

Yes, have it checked out!!! Get serial number to verify what year it is, Have a service shop check engine compression,ignition system,lower unit,trim system and cooling. Test run at lake with owner, does it start easy or do you have to fiddle with it? Does it reach max rpm? Will it idle a long distance without loading up and dieing?Does it surge at any rpm? Does it struggle planing out? The only draw back is that the maker of the trim pump for this year model is out of bussiness and if trim motor fails it is a $250-$500 repair depending on how you repair it. If seller doesnt want you to have checked out or tested something is usually wrong so steer away from it.

JLEE08

Cadet
Re: New Boater

i have a 1988 basstracker with a merc. 150hp blackmax and i haven't done any thing major to it. the only thing big was a new shift cable. other than that it runs out at 5500rpm and i enjoy the ride. good luck with the new toy...