Warning buzzer issue.

SLOWLS1Z28

Cadet
I've got a Evinrude 25 on my boat I think the model # is E25ELCOC. The buzzer randomly comes on at times, its never came on while riding just once i've ridden to a fishing spot or two and let the boat sit while fishing and then it comes on once i turn the key back on. The motor is not overheated only warm water comes out the motor and it runs like normal. Once you drive for a few minutes if you kill the motor and turn the key back to the on position the buzzer goes off. This has happened maybe 3-4 times in around 20 or so boat trips but gets really annoying when the boat seems to have no issues at the time of the buzzer or at all.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Warning buzzer issue.

The water coming from the tell-tale does not really tell you whether or not the engine is overheating; it tells you that the water pump is functioning at some level.

You could check the cylinder head for indications of overheating such as scorched paint; or see if you can keep you fingers on the cylinder head for a three count which you should be able to do anytime the engine is running.