Hurricane 237 vs 240

sjcordova

Cadet
I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used 06' hurricane 237 with a Yamaha 250 4 stroke or a new SD240 with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke on her. Of course the new boat and motor will have the full warranty. I know that the hulls are slightly different but can someone provide me any info on the handling difference. We will use the boat for lake tubing and wake boarding. Also plan on some Chesapeake and 1000 island fishing. Thanks for any feedback.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Hurricane 237 vs 240

Don't know much about them other than Hurricanes are good boats.

One thing I would check into is if Godfrey marine is still in buisness, they make the Hurricane boat, and last I heard they were very very close to shutting down.

I am sure they will still have to honor there warranty but it is worth checking into.

sjcordova

Cadet

5150, They had boats at the AC boat show and I talked with Bob Wachs who works directly from the factory in Indiana. I know that the 240 has a deeper V which wil ride the chop better, but will it not handle as well in the flats as the lesser V would. Will there be a substantial difference in fuel economy?

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Not much difference in fuel costs in the practical sense. A difference would accumulate if you were cruising great distances. But for such long distance cruising few folks would choose a deckboat in the first place!

Kelly