honda 130 inj fuel pump

icecreaman

Recruit
thanks for reply.my hondas are 1999.can i take pump from my other motor and try it with out harming it.i have twin honda 130's 1999 motors.is their an easyer way of checking fuel pump on motor not working.place i bought boat from is out of buss.if it is under war.could i tak it to any honda dealer.need more horse power what do u suggest.was leaning to e-tec 150's.i have 26' sea cat 1997 boat.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: honda 130 inj fuel pump

Which fuel pump are you considering swapping out and why?That fuel delivery system can be troubleshot with a vaccume and pressure guage and some clear hose.High pressure pump should offer up 40 +psi with the key on.Low pressure pump 3 to 7 with the engine running.Vaccume draw should never be more than 2 and ideally 0.

icecreaman

Recruit

how do i check presure in high presure fuel pump.howdo i check for fuel in oil.what do u think my problem is

JUSTINTIME

Captain

pull dipstick and see how much oil is in here
you need a fuel pressure gauge to test HP fuel

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Apparantly you have started a new thread that has left any advice previously given ,up to us to search for.Not an easy thing.Get us back to your original post and that would be a big help to all of us.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Low pressure pump problems are easy.When point of failure occurs give the primer bulb a few squeezes and in a few moments you will likely see a dramatic change.High pressure gets a littlle more dicey.When is the last time you changed that high pressure filter?

icecreaman

Recruit

never changed high presure filter .will that keep it from runing