New/ Year old boat ???

Serria1

Cadet
I could use some help on this.
looking at a 2008 boat that has not been used & not seen water.
It has been been moved inside and outside the dealers showroom since last summer.
It has gone from summer heat 86 F/30 C to winter cold -22 F/-30 C

Should I be worried about condensationin the oil and fuel tank ( it has no fuel empty tank)

Rust starting in the engine due to never being run.

what about any of the hoses etc never beeing used.

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: New/ Year old boat ???

As long as it was properly winterized if it was stored outside then it should be fine. Also depends on if it was ever exposed to saltwater on a demo or sea trial. The bigger issue is the fact that it already is a year old boat so you better be getting a screaming deal on it. Everyone assumes that because it has not sold and they are buying it new that it really is a new boat. It is not, because once you drive it off the lot it is a used boat that is a year old. Depending on the local economy, you should be able to pick up the boat and trailer well below NADA, remember though that NADA does not include the trailer in the value. And if you are in the PNW expect to pay a premium as boats up here tend to command a higher price for some reason.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... It's a year older,.. But it's Still New.... Go Boatin'.....;)

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought my new 05 in 2006. Dealer winterized it over the previous winter and I never had a problem. Plus new bought = full warranty.

Serria1

Cadet

Thanks for the help.
yes it is a good deal with FULL Waranty,it has been winterized and under full covers as well.
and NO salt water here in Alberta.