Anyone belong to freeshipping.com?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
They claim to have over 1200 merchants that are participating in their program. If you join, for about $8.00 month they reimburse you for shipping charges up to a limit. At least that is what I gather from their advertising.

Anyone use them? Do they include iboats? Is it worth the membership fee?

I have to ask becuase they refused to verify if any of the merchants I asked about (about 8) were on their list. All they would say is to join and then I can vew the full list. If the merchants on their list were popular, it might be worth it, but the fact that they refuse to let you view the full list gives the impression that they have something to hide.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone belong to freeshipping.com?

if they won't tell you, then i would consider them ashamed of what they are offering. and trying to collect a reimbursement, is a PITA.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I did a little checking on the net on this company. Turns out not too many people are happy with them, and a website about internet retailers are not happy with them either.

A big issue is that not all the retailers they list participate with them. They will issue a refund up to $10 for the retailers that do not participate. And there is a $500 limit per year. Apparently the refunds are hard to get and often "lost". And they charge you a full years service up front for your "30 day trial membership" and then pro-rate the refund if you cancel.

One thing I found disturbing is when you become a member you need to give your mothers maiden name and your ssn. This is because they do a credit check against you, and catagorize the information accordingly. Then the info is sold to advertisers. The feed you directly to the spamers and get paid for the screening they do on you. Your privacy is greatly at risk.

I'd skip these folks.

cbavier

Lieutenant

I wouldn't think it would be worth it because many suppliers offer free shipping anyway. Seems like you would be paying $8 a month for nothing unless you did an awful lot of online buying or mail orders.