1995 evinrude 88 spl

dieselcat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can someone point me in the right direction is to where i can find a gearcase seal kit at on the web?I've looked all over and can't find anything,hoping somepne here knows of a place.
Also am going to be replacing rectifier in the next week or so. Would like to know if there is anything speacial i need to know when removing the flywheel?Do i need to mark it and make sure it goes back in the exact same spot?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 evinrude 88 spl

Bombardier makes two seal kits for your lower. One uses a single driveshaft seal with two lips (437752), the other kit uses two single lip seals (396354). You can see which one you need when you get the old one(s) out. Some of the seals require a special tool to make sure the seal lips are not damaged when put back in. Check your service manual. The flywheel is keyed, so that key insures it is remounted correctly. You'll need a flywheel puller to get it off. It needs to be torqued to between 100 and 105 ft lbs.

dieselcat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1995 evinrude 88 spl

Bombardier makes two seal kits for your lower. One uses a single driveshaft seal with two lips (437752), the other kit uses two single lip seals (396354). You can see which one you need when you get the old one(s) out. Some of the seals require a special tool to make sure the seal lips are not damaged when put back in. Check your service manual. The flywheel is keyed, so that key insures it is remounted correctly. You'll need a flywheel puller to get it off. It needs to be torqued to between 100 and 105 ft lbs.

Do you know the name of special tool required for seals?And where i can find this tool?Acording to the link above i need the 437752 kit,do both kits require special tool?