started the dash work, pics inside

thatguy

Seaman
The pursuit project is going along pretty good so far. I removed the dash the yesterday and I started with the update work. When i got the boat, it had a flush mounted Loran, and an old outdated AM/FM radio in the dash.

My plan is to completely update the dash. I ordered new gauges, new switch panels, and will be ordering new electronics soon. I will fill the holes left behind by the previous electronic installations. The new GPS/fishfinder combo will be flush mounted up in the dash with the gauges. I will be reconfiguring the layout. All of the switches will be moving lower on the dash, 2, 6 circuit Blue Sea fuse/switch panels are the plan at this point. Nice unit, easy to use and wire. The VHF will be flush mounted where the old AM/FM radio was installed. I am going to fill the hole and then cut it back out to fit the new VHF. The AM/FM will be mounded in the cabin, and will have a wired remote on the dash.

Here are some pics, what do you think-

dash before removal, and outdated electronics
008.jpg

dash removed with some of the electronics removed
003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

inside of dash after glass work
005-1.jpg

top of dash, post glass, before fairing
012-1.jpg

after all the sanding complete, and then fairing compound applied.
019.jpg

Its all drying now I will sand it out in the morning and see what it looks like

Tom

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: started the dash work, pics inside

i know nothing, but it looks pretty good to me!

thatguy

Seaman

thanks, the funny part is that most of what I just filled in is going to be cut back out when I install my new switch panels.

Tom

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looking good keep the pics coming, what gps/fish finder ya hookin up?

thatguy

Seaman

Im not 100% sure yet on the GPS/fishfinder yet. i am tossed up between the raymarine A50, and the Lorance HD7.

The switches will be moved to the area of the dash where the Loran was mounted/hole that I filled. I am going with all new Teleflex gauges, I am thinking the 5" multi gauge, and the 5" tach. I see no need for the speedo as a GPS will be in place. The hour meter is built into the new tach. Im not really thinking that I am going to use a trim gauge. I want to have a nice clean modern look when its complete.

Tom