drain plugs

mh11

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again, I have more questions for you all.

I have the 260 merc with chevy 350 crate motor.

With regards to the drain plugs, I have two plugs on the bottom of each side of the block that have the socket heads on them. They are a pain to take out and put back in.

Are there any easier petcock style drain plugs that I could use during the season, and just use the socket head plugs for winterizing after I put the antifreeze in?

Thanks for all the help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: drain plugs

Are there any easier petcock style drain plugs that I could use during the season,

Ayuh,... You can pretty much use any plumbing you Want,...

But in my mind, there's 1 Condition.....

You've Got to be able to rod out the crud with a screw/ wire/ nail if it's Plugged Up......;)

mh11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gotcha, so where can i find some petcock style plugs??

That is what I plan, during the year use the petcock style for easy draining, then when I winterize, use the regular plugs.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

ziggy

Admiral

i think i've seen the petcocks at my local hardware store..
here's something i thought was interesting.

if ya read the s/m real close for my rig. that seems to come from the oem with these petcocks already installed. it says that for to be sure the water is totally removed, your supposed to remove the petcock and ream out the hole, then just replace the petcock..

Bondo

Staff member

That is what I plan, during the year use the petcock style for easy draining, then when I winterize, use the regular plugs.

Ayuh,...

Once you find the Right 1s,... the OEMs can go into the parts can...