North Florida, cold again

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
expected 22 tonight, 20 Friday. hate this. we don't know anything about winterizing. service depts are going to have a good year, if there are any left.

nlain

Commander
Re: North Florida, cold again

I got up this AM and at 5:00 it was 35 with a wind chill of 25, predicted low was 29, I came to work and have the weather channel in the top bar of Firefox and watched the temp go to 24, it is now showing 34 with 23 wind chill. That is pretty darned chilly for the South. Some people further inland were in the teens this AM, gonna be colder tonight.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

predicting Freezes in the everglades, unheard of.

nlain

Commander

We have finally got to 38 with a 28 windchill and they have dropped the high to 43, and with the winds and the front the glades may just freeze.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Kelowna is going to be 5 - 7 C this week, or about 40F. So to get away from the cold, just move from Florida to Canada.

:D

mphy98

Lieutenant

5 degrees here today, thought we would send some global cooling down to cool off the heads of the global warming folks :D

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer

Its was 22 this morning and going to be 17 tonight in Tallahassee and 18 tomorrow night. I replaced a bilge pump and aerator today so at least i got something done. at noon it was 35 i walked over to the boat and the front of my cover collects water and it was a huge ice chunk..

nlain

Commander

26 by the thermometer on the oak in front of the house at about 5 AM, lite breeze, heard on radio on the way into work just before 6 that is was 21 with wind chill of 12 in Savannah, its supposed to warm up to 50 today and back to 21 tonight and then 60 tomorrow, crazy weather. It is getting cold enough to freeze the ground a little so maybe it will kill a few skeeters.

angus63

Captain

Had to be in this morning at 0600. Woke at 0445 and took the dog out. Temp on the back deck thermometer read -2 degrees F. Already used as much oil to heat the house this year as I did thru the winter (March) last year. Maybe it will be a cool summer!!!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Got down to 20 here overnight, but it was below freezing late last night before I went to bed. Got cold early and STAYED cold. My bird water trough in the front yard was a solid block of ice, not just a layer of ice over water.

Brrrrr!!

-BWR

Bigprairie1

Commander

Well, we had a beautiful here yesterday in the PNW (Southern Vancouver Island- Victoria). It was around 13-14 degrees C. or about the mid 50's fahrenheit. The sun was out, getting warmer....ahh it was very nice.
Our little snow incident from Christmas is now long gone and spring for us is a few weeks away now. Lots of stuff is already poking up through the lawn and gardens and everything is definitely green and ready.
Best of all....the days are getting longer, and I love that. I hate those short frikkin' winter days for some reason. You get up when its dark, you get home when its dark and if you are lucky you see some daylight through a distant window through the day.:(
Spring...bring it on!!:D:D:D
BP

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I saw a show on the History Channel last night about the number of big snakes [pythons, etc] that have been turned loose in the Everglades by nitwits who could no longer keep them. Perfect breeding grounds. Maybe it will get cold enough to kill off some. According to the show, they're venturing into subdivisions around the Glades hunting for food.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Driving around I see some really big things that look like fans. Some say they generate electric, but I think they are blowing that cold air south. :D Can't figure out why someone would be running a fan during the winter? Get ready our friends in the south,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are going to build more! :D