NYC Mayor attacked

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
New York City Mayor Bitten by Groundhog
Monday, February 02, 2009

NEW YORK ? Everyone knows it means six more weeks of winter when a groundhog sees his shadow. But what does the future hold if he bites the mayor's hand?

According to German superstition, if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on Feb. 2 ? the Christian holiday of Candlemas ? winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow was seen, the legend says spring will come early.

Staten Island's famous groundhog, Charles G. Hogg, inexplicably bit Mayor Michael Bloomberg during his annual holiday ceremony on Monday, drawing blood from the billionaire.

Said Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser: "It nicked his hand."

He was told there was no risk of rabies. The 2-year-old animal was born and raised in captivity and has had no interaction with other animals.

I bet Punxsutawney Phil had something to do with it!!! :D

D

DJ

Re: NYC Mayor attacked

I don't know about the ground hogs meteorological capabilities but I think it might be a pretty good judge of character.;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Politically motivated, groundhog posts not allowed . . . :eek:

luv2b0at

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe he was a little hungry after his long nap. I hear they crave nuts when they wake up...

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

yes, but is the ground hog going to be ok?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

If I was the groundhog, I'd bite him to. How is a groundhog to get his winter body fat built up when the salt and transfats are gone? I feel for him :D

chiefalen

Captain

The groundhog must be a Democrat. Wife a nyc teacher and i don't want to start a rant on that slime ball bloomberg.