Help Mounting Cd Player in Boat

ohhenrygsr

Cadet
Hey guys i have a 17ft jon style bass boat i do have a cut out on the side of the console for a radio. I ripped out the original fm radio to install a cd player. my only problem is that their is nothing on the back side of the console to support the cd player its just a sheet of metal. I've thought of buying a marine stereo case but need advice on how to mount it. Also i have 2 batteries one is starting and running Bilge,livewell (optima Red Top) the other is running trolling motor(Deka Deep Cycle). Witch battery should i hook the stereo up to?

as you can see from the picture the slot is beside the fire extinguisher

bow.jpg

Case

MA-5E-container-(1).jpg

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Help Mounting Cd Player in Boat

The accessories (cd player, etc.) normally run from the House (deep cycle) battery, not the starting battery.

Your CD player may have a mount kit available. They are sometimes worth it, unless the player is really light, and the faceplate can carry the weight.

You may have to get creative and make a hanger or something for the backside of the player if you use the existing hole. My friend has one of those white boxes on his boat and the player sits straight vertical(although the instructions say it wont play that way) and it plays fine. You could mount the box over the hole to cover it or anywhere else for that matter. I will also say the deep cycle battery is the way to go. If you play the radio too long, the boat will still start on the other battery.

a70eliminator

Captain

Isn't there a stud sticking out the back of the CD player? usually there is. What you can do is attach a piece of band steel to the that stud on the back of the player and run the band up to roof of the console and hang it with a screw and washer.

ohhenrygsr

Cadet

hey guys those are all great idea's thanks for all your help i will see what is the best way outta what you all told me :D