this wrestling WWE etc with sons stuff!

ezbtr

Commander
my son (10) seems to be TOO much into this! yadayada, all wrestling which is fake as all hell, and seems to encompass them and their buddies - I put my foot down, like before, no wrestling in living room., if we are watching a family movie, hell no he cant skip out to his room and watch it, and gettin ready to have him take all wrestling ring toys , etc to his damn moms! It's all BS hype, acting anyways and fake! Im just wanting to put a whole ban on it in my house - WHAT constructive thing is there for kids to get out of it??? OK, if he wants to wrestle me in fun, but damn, this is all BS. Thoughts?

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: this wrestling WWE etc with sons stuff!

Trying to ban it entirely probably isn't going to work, especially if his mom isn't in on the plan and supportive of it. Maybe you can get him interested in some other things like fishing, model airplanes, etc.

Part of this may just be a phase - most kids go through them to varying degrees. With some guidance from you, however, he might not remain so focused on the wrestling. One way to foster that, is to give him a set of rules about it, and to set limits on the amount of time engaged in activities associated with it. On the issue of rules, I recommend some in regard to acting out what he sees on TV with his friends. I say this, simply because I think there have been some accidents around the Country, involving serious injuries and death.

Good luck with it!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the both of you are his parents, you have to try to be on the same page, no matter how much you hate each other inside. i think moderation is the key to problem. remember boys are going to be boys. you will not stop him from watching it somewhere. good guidance, and support, teaching good values, is a big help.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Outside of fishing with my Dad him taking me to a pro wrestling match was good memories of course he always told me that it was fake but it was still a good time,one time I remember sitting behind an old lady you know the type program in hand and cheering and booing and I said something about it being fake and I got whacked over the shoulder with that program that was when Dad says don't mention the word fake to old ladies :D