Chrysler 140

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
100_5942.jpg

000_0052.jpg

This is no problem--it is just an example of what can be done with Chrysler engines.

Take that, all you black force owners! White Chryslers rule!

Learning how to properly post photos.

noah4009

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Chrysler 140

Beautiful Frank, Maybe one day I can be so fortunate.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

... nice graphics! i also like the transom plate you have on it. wouldn't mind getting one on my setup.

Frank you need a wax and polish job man!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

The aluminum plate is my standard preventive maintenance on all my boats. the angle reinforces the transom and the .080 hard plate 13 x 18 inches(salvaged damaged speed limit sign) keeps the skinny Chrysler clamps from digging into the transom. Both are bolted through the transom with (5) 5/16 stainless bolts and extra heavy stainless fender washers.

Wax has to wait until I complete refurbishing of the interior.

The electronic distributor, Magna Power ignition, 140 HP engine, is ported on both bypass and exhaust side. It has a .010 overbore, 4 Wiseco pistons, modified intake manifolds and reeds, and vented lower unit. The prop is old school Mercury Bronze racing--you can see the radical pitch and cup. It pushes the 21 foot Manatee cuddy at 38 MPH at 5000 RPM (Not with the bronze--that's just for show) My working prop is a Michigan 13 X 19 cupped stainless. This engine with a Michigan 13 X 17 stainless cupped prop will pull me out (deepwater) on a slalom ski with four people in the boat.

Decals were made for me by National decalcraft in Hatfield Pa. I bought the print online for a good quality reproduction. They blew it up to twice its size and then cropped it to 20 X 16 inches. They then made mirror images. Because of the clear plastic coating the decals actually look better than the print. Total cost was about 75 bucks for the print and 35 bucks for each decal.

All the lettering and Chrysler pentastars were salvaged from the junkyard and applied with 3M 5200. The carb covers are also painted Holiday Red and have a small pentastar in the center of each one. Two dashboard "Chrysler" plates are glued to the bottom edges.

Hood is primed with gray Dupli Color primer and top coated with Dupli Color white. All aluminum was sanded to tight paint or bare metal and primed with zinc chromate primer then top coated with Dupli Color white. Red accent is Dutch Boy Holiday Red enamel that I bought at a K Mart close-out for 1 buck a can. As you can see from the white controls and wires, I took the quick way out and painted the engine while on the boat. ---maybe next year a better job.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Looks great Frank. More than anything I like the fact of you successfuly bucking the trend by keeping these simple motors running strong thus quieting the naysayers who tend to safely prattle on about their yammy's and etecs.
Good on ya' for keeping the faith and setting a working example!;)
BP :cool:

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

All the lettering and Chrysler pentastars were salvaged from the junkyard and applied with 3M 5200. The carb covers are also painted Holiday Red and have a small pentastar in the center of each one. Two dashboard "Chrysler" plates are glued to the bottom edges.

Hood is primed with gray Dupli Color primer and top coated with Dupli Color white. All aluminum was sanded to tight paint or bare metal and primed with zinc chromate primer then top coated with Dupli Color white. Red accent is Dutch Boy Holiday Red enamel that I bought at a K Mart close-out for 1 buck a can. As you can see from the white controls and wires, I took the quick way out and painted the engine while on the boat. ---maybe next year a better job.

... looks good and to that period in time, nice job! i've still got to finish up my shroud on a few spots then try that top coat trick you mentioned on applying a light coat of thinner, let it set for a couple weeks then wax. is that what you did for yours? .. just so happens i have an ol metal sign, guess i'll check the thickness and see about making a plate.

mrwiggles2

Seaman

I was going to repaint my 1973 70HP Chrysler the original colors, but after seeing that red/white, I'm having second thoughts. That looks fantastic.