98 force spark plugs...

evinice66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
so i searched a while back and read that there was a certain spark plug that is better for 2 strokes at low rpm to help with monetary sputtering, and a more complete burn- i keep looking and caint find that post, i wrote down what they where but i lost that little peice of paper. im not expecting much, but i need new plugs anyways and would like to hear if someone has good ones that they like! she idles/runs great but sometimes dies here and there, also if i bring it up just past idle it runs kind-of ruff. is this normal for a 2 stroke? i run it with seafoam in everytank and it likes that.... also any suggestions on how to get a stucl lower unit oil screw un stuck? haha its all stripped out now... can i order a new screw here? do they come with those washers? thanks!

evinice66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 98 force spark plugs...

i keep looking and i cant find that post :( and today i went to an autoparts store and they didnt list the force motor, and its wasnt under mercury! can anyone help me out with this???? .... please:rolleyes:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Newer force engines (three cylinder 90 HP) use the mercury plug. I suppose the bigger 4 cylinder engines use the same plug just like Chrysler and earlier Force did. Champion QL76V surface gap if I remember correctly.

Do not try "Magic" plugs like Splitfire or other bent electrode plugs to try for a better idle. They almost always melt holes in the piston tops right under the plug.

Stay with the stock plug and be safe.

kandil

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 94 and it use the one frank listed Champion QL76V and I think it is the same for yours I heard that this motors don't like to idle you said I run it with seafoam in every tank and it likes that.... I don't think it is a good idea once a year is all you need.

Jimmy_Blue

Cadet

If the plug is stripped it your gonna have to drill down the center of it and use a easy out but do the drilling at low speeds and don't go all the way through it. Just enough to get the easy out to get a good bite on it.

kandil

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Jimmy it is not the plug that is stripped he is talking about the lower unit oil screw head
try to make a new slot with a dremill and use an impact driver to extract you can get another one from any West marine store.