230 sx water in cuddy!!??

bounced czech

Recruit
i have 230 sx stingray 2003 year and im getting water to cuddy cabin behind seats on each side there is small opening behind back rests. if i put my hand inside there is looot of water, anybody knows what that is ???please... thankssssssssssssss

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: 230 sx water in cuddy!!??

2qa4o6g.jpg

What does the connection between the deck and the hull look like? You can often see that under the rubrail.

ziggy

Admiral

i agree with qc. look under the rubrail.
just a thought too. a buddy a mine has a stingray. though smaller. but right at the bow where the cap and boat meet. he had a gapeing gap. right at the connection between the two.. to me it looked like a prime place for water to enter the hull if ya stuff the bow much... kinda a long run to get water back behind your seats, but it's a thought...

wvit1001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd be surprised if much came in by the rub rail. That's pretty high up out of the water unless your riding in some really rough water.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the rub rail joint is the #1 place for hard to find leaks. your looks typical of this type leak. when the boat is getting out of the hole, or on fairly quick stops, of slowing, the bow does throw water that high, and it comes between the hull and cap. put a bead of 3M 4200 under the rub rail. seal the joint.

chiefalen

Captain

Ok wait till it's warmer pull off the rubber on the rubrail.

What do you have holding the metal strip?? Screws or rivets??

Each screw has to come out and silly cone or 5200 and the screw or rivets dipped in the product and reinstall the screw or new revet.

Then after the rubrail is reinstalled and the product allowed to dry take a garden hose to the top window and side windows and the bow hook that the railer hooks to and see if water is coming in thru there.

Me i let off the bow hook and applied marine sillycone to the threads and tightened up again. I did it from the outside to get a good seal.

The windows on the side and on top could be leaking. Silly cone them also.

Any hole in the hull can and will allow water in how about the cleats on top the screws sillyconed?? Take them off dip them and reinstall them, bow light the screws and the light itself sealed good do the same thing.

Bow rail hows the screws there Take em out dip them put them back in.

2 hours and a tube of marine sillycone and your sealed up tight.

Got a radio mast, same thing any hole in the hull with a screw in it take it out and dip it and reinstall.

Windshield screws don't overlook those.

bounced czech

Recruit

2qa4o6g.jpg

What does the connection between the deck and the hull look like? You can often see that under the rubrail.

i get it in slow speeds when water does not reach that high also.!!right in that place as u show on pictures! any other or more detailed idea?please

ziggy

Admiral

got any holes drilled in your hull. i see many newer boats with holes drilled in them for fittings of some kind (ice cooler drains maybe, don't know what they are. like this one, right above the chine. a little fwd. of inline with the cleat on the deck..
http://www.stingrayboats.com/graphics/boats09/photos/230sx_low_profile_running2.jpg

edit. looks from the discription of an '09 that it's got fresh water sink in the cabin somewhere... if you got one too, maybe a connection is leaking...

say, those are some snazzy looking cuddie cruisers... i like it... ;)

wvit1001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 656zp or what's now called a 220lx Stingray. My anchor locker in the front of the boat has a drain to the outside. I'd just about bet that one of the drain hoses has come undone and the water is coming in.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm not sure but is the seat under the cushions where the water collects fiberglass molded into the boat?. If I understand it the water is collecting at the joint between the seat cushion and back cushion. Isnt it running down from the upper level deck and pooling on the seats. If it is it has to be coming from a level above the seats. Not sure if I'm be clear or not

ziggy

Admiral

If it is it has to be coming from a level above the seats.
i think that's true. water runs down hill. or at the least, horizontal to down hill. one things for sure, it don't run up...