Ohio Region Roundo get together

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Its usually Spinner that gets things going for a get together. Thought maybe to keep things going for this area. I have spoke to the Chief about the idea of meeting at Pleasant Hill Lake in Perrysville Ohio. It is a central location between Columbus and Cleveland. The lake is about a 20 minuet drive to the lake from Interstate 71. The lake is a small lake with unlimited horsepower. Fishing is good, there is a beach, camping (with its own ramp), public ramp, marina, and activities for the children. One camping area is a no pets allowed area for those that don't like pets. Also the camping areas have transient docks as well as the marina. This park DOES take reservations for campsites. There is also sleeping cabins that can be rented also. To get more info: MWCDLakes.com.

Nearby attractions in Loudenville (10 minuets away) has canoeing, horseback riding, and go-carts. Loudenville is also where the Mohican State Park and Forest is. There is camping there also. Another 10 minuets will take you to Malabar Farm. This was owned by Louis Bromfield but now is a state park. Just google Malabar Farm for more info on it.

1 1/2 hours will get you to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, Football Hall of Fame, Cedar Point (1 hr 45 min), Zoo's in Columbus/Cleveland/Akron,

2 hours will get you to Marble Head and Point Clinton. There you can take the Jet Express to the islands that's noted for their wine, glacier grooves, and lots of things to explore.

If your not into camping, there is several motels along the I-71 and St Rt 13 interchange. Holiday Inn is in the town of Mansfield. There is also lots of things of interest in Mansfield also.

About a 30 minuet drive from Pleasant Hill Lake is Clearfork Reservoir. (This is one of gonfishn's secret Muskie holes :D )

So there it is and what this area has to offer. All I would like is to meet some of you and sit around a campfire and talk about stuff without a moderator :D As I told the Chief, I haven't put in for my vacation yet so I'm leaving a date open. I do know that I have to go get re-certified during the week of Aug 17th. Usually during the 3rd weekend in July is our lakes Christmas in July Party. They have fireworks on Saturday night. We normally sit at the docks to watch, but is more exciting to be out on the lake in the boat.

If there is going to be a fair size group, then I can reserve a pavilion in advance.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. BTW,,,,this area is wet (as in alcohol is permitted)

..............SS

Last edited:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Ohio Region Roundo get together

Please don't think it has to be where I mentioned. If anyone else in Ohio that are iboats members and want to meet, put your ideas out there. Western Pa, Eastern IN, North East KY, or even Southern Michigan. Of course it will not be limited to just Buckeyes. The Chief said he is interested as he plans to go to Cedar Point sometime.

No doubt, I will be frying up a big ole mess of Blue Gill, Saugeye, and yellow perch for everyone.

Come on, give me some of your ideas. I'm easy to compromise,,,,,,,,,that's why my wife gets what she wants :D

chiefalen

Captain

May family will be a cedar point this summer, and i would love to come.

We will be staying 4-5 days but don't know the dates yet and have not booked a reservation yet.

But one way or the other i'll be there at the rondo even if it's from sunup to sundown. I have the 70 hp bowrider and have no problem hauling it 5 hours if i have to.

Kids and wife will just have to go to the park without me for a day.

But i bet the 13 year old boy would want to hit the lake.

No way i'm hauling the 19 footer just to big and heavy and really a big bay boat.

So guys you know the area, cedar point is nice and lake erie is right there and marinas all over you decide the area.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Hey if you guys would move Ohio closer to Florida I would make it for sure......Let me know what you can do :D

gonfishn

Commander

Now don't be giving my gator lake away SS. Yes I will be there. No gators on P.H. though. But would love to fish for pooters and tell a few lies. Heck we spent more time by the fire then fishn. Count me in.

aspeck

Staff member

Hmmmm, Doc must not have been there ... they say they still have some trophy class gators left!

gonfishn

Commander

I have heard that there have been some fifties takn out of there. Never had the chance to throw a lure yet there. Any one wanting to meet in the spring for some spring gators let me know. Now yur talkn Lt. Been trying to get SS out for a couple years now. Maybe this will be the one.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have heard that there have been some fifties takn out of there. Never had the chance to throw a lure yet there. Any one wanting to meet in the spring for some spring gators let me know. Now yur talkn Lt. Been trying to get SS out for a couple years now. Maybe this will be the one.

Last year there was a couple of gators pulled from Pleasant Hill. A 42 and a 48 was caught that I witnessed. Have heard of others being caught but haven't actually saw them.

Westbranch is a nice lake, was there long time ago (30years or so) . I'm going to see if they have any transient docks with electric. If so, I maybe inclined to haul out of my lake and pull my boat to there. If they don't, then my wife and I will find a room or camp out. We are easy to work with and willing to get things going for this Roundo.

woosterken

Lieutenant

SS,
sounds like fun at PH,I have to get my impeller replaced
have all the parts,have to see if Millers in shreve will do it
keep me informed on date

woosterken

chiefalen

Captain

You guys got gators in ohio now that sounds like something i would love to do what you shoot them?? Bear with me i never went gator hunting.

Son 16 bet would love to shoot a couple, i ate gator tail once was ok.

You need a license to hunt them??

You got monster deer there to would love to dig out the 30-06 and let my son get one.

I would buy a new scope for it also.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Gators in this area are known as Musky. Just a nickname that Doc/gonfishn calls them. As for deer, only shotgun and bow is allowed to hunt them, or the crash bar on the front of a truck :D..........Been putting in some long hours here lately, hopefully it eases up where I can get back on track.

Good to hear from you Ken, hopefully we can get a date set within a couple of more weeks. Just need some input from others that would be interested............SS

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

guy's the Florida get together is looking really well, we have close to 20 who say they are coming, and 10 have already made their reservation at the state park. i really wish you a great roundo, it is time to have a little fun, in these bad times. plus a campout is a cheap weekend.

gonfishn

Commander

Not to bust any bubbles here figure less than 10% will show. The roundo in Wisconsin had the most folks. I know cause i have made most of them. It looks like Tashs may have a good turn out. Alot of folks are from his area.

tashasdaddy

i think the difference, is the Fl guys ask for the get together. and it has been so unseasonable cold here, we are ready to get out side.

gonfishn

Commander

I think ask and planned are in the same backyard Tash. Our other roundos are planned when cabin fever hits. We then ask for permission from our better halfs if we can go.lol.

tashasdaddy

from the PM's i've gotten the the bosses have agreed.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Heck my Boss figures it will be a little mini vacation with me gone for three days :D......Im kidding shes coming along :)