Need help

roughneck340

Recruit
I recently was given a boat from my father who lives in west texas. He bought it from someone and was never given the title. I live in arkansas and am trying to get it titled the only thing I have to track the origin of the boat is a Texas hull number. It has a boat tag on it for 2004. I can't even identify it. I believe it to be a 1960's magnum model 150. can anyone help?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need help

get a friend in Georgia or another no title state to give you a bill of sale.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Ditto...especially since your in Ark. otherwise you will have to follow a massive paper trail to get TPWD to maybe give you a title and definitely a hard time.

daviscfad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I know in NC you can call the wildlife office and give them the hull identification number and they can tell you whos name it is registered. You can also run the numbers if they are still there

mphy98

Lieutenant

in wisconsin we were a no title state untill recently, of all the boats out there
in wisconsin most have no titles. Just a bill of sale is needed to get one now.

roughneck340

Recruit

thanks so much for all your help. I managed to track down the original owner and got the title. Thanks!!!

chiefalen

Captain

Please next time don't just put "need help ", please put what you need help with.

If you go to the top of the forum they have a nice sticky that will explain the best way to get help.

Good luck !