704 control box buzzer alarm

leyoung38

Recruit
I Need Help Figuring Out Why My Buzzer Don't Work. Checked Wiring And Seem To Be Connected Properly.its On A Yamaha 07' F150 With A 704 Flush Mount Remote Control Box. Any Idea's ? Thanks

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 704 control box buzzer alarm

I changed one out that was corroded and did not alert the owner that the engine was over heating at high RPMs due to a cracked water pump impeller. He thought that there was a fuel problem causing the engine to run rough when it tried to protect itself by limiting the RPMs. Eventually he seized the motor by over heating it multiple times. The buzzer is just a simple little speaker that can be tested by applying 12 volts to the leads. If it don't buzz replace it.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

on the 704 the actual buzzer is located on the backside of the switch panal if yamaha rigging was used.
to test the actual buzzer simply use 12 v at the buzzer,positive on the yellow buzzer lead and negative on the white with both leads dissconected from the harness.
to test the actual overheat or oil sensor circuit system you will need some resistors and the service manual as the ECU looks for certian criteria to be met BEFORE it wil set the buzzer.
simply shorting a sensor to ground wont work.
a quick test to simply check the circuits on the 07 F150 can be as simple as unplugging the water detect leads at the engine fuel filter and jumping the pins on the engine harness side with the engine idling in nuetral.

leyoung38

Recruit

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the information. I'll try it.