1991 Force 50hp {507E91A}

oldpacruzer

Recruit
Newbe to this forum
My problems started when i bought a force by the sounds of it, enough winging.
On its maiden voyage on my plylite fisherman i went for a look at the mot as we were travelling along, at this point i notice there was very little water coming out so we slowwed down to take a closer look and the water that was coming out was hot enough for a cupa almost, when the motor slowed it stalled and we couldnt get it going again. Dispondently on the trailor it went.
I have replaced the impeller and ordered a manual for it but that hasnt arrived yet, my problem now is i have no spark on the top cylinder, replaced the coils and i believe the regulator under the coils,without the manual its alittle difficult but i am wondering if there is a couple of pules generators under the flywheel or a cdi box where i can look next any help on this stuff would be so way cool :confused:

Last edited:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1991 Force 50hp {507E91A}

If it is electronic ignition, under the flywheel will be a stator which supplies power to the CD box and also has a discrete winding for the alternator which only powers accessories.

Also under the flywheel will be a trigger assembly which signals the Cd box to dump its voltage into the appropriate coil. Somplace--usually close to the coils will be the CD box.

With no spark on only one cylinder, switch the coils. If the spark or lack of is now on the other cylinder, it is a bad coil. If the spark or lack of is still on the same cylinder, most likely one side of the CD box has gone bad.