1984 Chris Craft Scorpion 216 Cuddy

oldsalt1952

Recruit
Hi just looking for some advice. I am currently looking at a 1984 21' Chris Craft Scorpion 216 Cuddy with a 200 Mercury Offshore. ( I don't know the year of the motor nor the hours). It has a aluminum tandum axle tralier. Includes, 2 way radio, hand held gps, lowrance dept finder, am/fm cd stero, life jackets. Any thing you can tell me or advise me is appreciated.
How does it take rough water? How deep does it ride? How smooth is the ride? is it a rolly polly boat? What is a fair price for this boat? They are asking less that 4k. Is this a dependable motor? All comments appreciated.
Thanks,
OldSalt1952:)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 1984 Chris Craft Scorpion 216 Cuddy

Welcome to iboats. I am going to move this to where you will get alot more answers :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Gary H NC has one and is very please with it.

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I really like that boat style and size. Everyone I talked to or read about say it runs great through the chop and gives you a nice, dry ride. Have you seen it yourself? The 200hp is about the right size. I've seen ads for one with smaller engines. It sounds like a newer engine. Make sure the transom and floor are solid. What state is it located in? Make sure it does not have hurricane damage.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Mine has a great ride in chop and has never took any spray over the bow.
It is rated up to 300hp so the 200 would be fine.
If the transom is not soft thats a good price.

oldsalt1952

Recruit

Thanks for responding.
Transome in fine shape, floor solid, motor good shape. Has a new American tantum axle aluminum trailer. Will put it in the water after it's serviced because it has set for a year but, the motor was cranked once a month. Good to know it rides well. Is it deep or shallow riding boat?
I feel like I got a good deal. Any suggestions on what to do for the oxidation in the paint. It is not bad but needs some TLC:)

oldsalt1952

Recruit

Located in Tampa Fl.
I feel like I got a good deal. The new American tantum axel aluminum trailer is almost worth what I paid for the whole shabang.

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on the purchase. Is it the walk-around style?