Motor Won't Tilt

luv2b0at

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have replaced the tilt motor innards on my OMC stern drive. It's all lubed up and assembled correctly. I can hear it clicking and trying to go up, but it still won't, in or out of the water. Any suggestions?

:confused:

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Motor Won't Tilt

See if your getting 12v at the motor connection, may be a bad solenoid or corrosion on the connection. Did you bench test it after the rebuild?

luv2b0at

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will try the cover screws first thing after work. Tilt motor is new, hammer coupler is new as well as the cover. Everything moved real easy when the cover was off and I was lifting things by hand. I'll let you all know.

luv2b0at

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The cover was on to far. It was binding the clutch as a couple posted. I removed the cover, packed it with grease, had to make a thicker gasket to provide the space needed and it now works. First time in 5 years. Thanks All!

WizeOne

Commander

The cover was on to far. It was binding the clutch as a couple posted. I removed the cover, packed it with grease, had to make a thicker gasket to provide the space needed and it now works. First time in 5 years. Thanks All!

The old pros double gasketed the cover. You did well to make a thicker gasket.