Atlanta Boat Show -anyone here attend?

lkbum

Chief Petty Officer
First show I've missed in years. Nothing to do with the economy or gas prices. Just too busy. Curious if it was as sparsely attended as others reported on this board.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Atlanta Boat Show -anyone here attend?

I missed it too,it was just to cold for me to get out of the house and really just forgot about it until late Sunday:eek:

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Was it that bad?, I went last year and had a pretty good time and there was a lot of people there

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

What sort of boater are you. For bass fishing, it was pretty well worthless. Only a few Marina's brought bass boats, and except for Skeeter's, it was a very limited selection there. The fishing seminars left a lot to be wanted. A couple good ones, but they were sparse.

However, I went in search of center consoles this year. I am planning on building a 20 foot welded aluminum center console pretty soon, so I went on every bay boat they had (which the quantity was reasonable) and poked my head into every hatch and access panel I could open, at least once. I am talking every single hatch on every single rig there. I also discussed motors in depth with Yamaha and Evinrude. I wish Honda was there, as that is my second choice behind Evinrude for my rig, as well as Suzuki, as that is my third, with Yamaha being in 4th. Honda had a great exhibit last year.

This economy has really killed them. Even though there was a good amount of center consoles, there were more last year. The bass boats were much more plentiful last year too.

The Great Escape II

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was it that bad?, I went last year and had a pretty good time and there was a lot of people there

Many manufacturers were missing. Only half of the engine manufacturers showed up. No house boats. The largest sedan bridge was a Meridian 341 which is their smallest vessel. Chris Craft, Taira, and others did not display either.

nlain

Commander

I was there on Saturday, drove up from Midway that AM, met friends there, there were lines for the ones that had cruisers, 240's to 44's, I took a couple of photos from the flybridge of the 2 year old Meridain. I think I got all the way around with the pics, click link below.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/nelain/Atlanta Boat Show/

They are not the best photos but will give a general idea of what was there. This was my first Atlanta show so I cannot compare, people I talked with said there was a lot missing this year.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't know what time you went but I bet the reps were all over you,last year we went on Saturday morning it was packed reps didn't have time for you unless you were ready to buy,there was a bell that would ring every time they sold one.::D

Bassboy I boat at Sinclair, no fishing just like to boat,pull tubers or skiers going to try to get up your way at Red Top Mountain this year.