Anyone installed rino lining on the keel of a lund??

Shaane

Recruit
I have an 06 1900 pro v and was looking through all the magazines of a way to protect the keel i.e. "keelshield", "Hambys" etc. Only no one seems to make anything for an aluminum boat. I recently called my dealer and Lund directly and asked if installing a truck bed protector along the keel and 6-8" on both sides of center would void the warranty on the hull...both said no just make sure you prep the metal correctly...Anybody tried this how were the results....

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Anyone installed rino lining on the keel of a lund??

Good question, I'm going to do the same thing on my Crestliner 1800 and go up 10" on each side as the keel rash marks on my old glass boat were about 6" up from the keel, I pulled that thing into some sketchy places... I'm thinking 3-4 coats to make a nice thick layer. Never used the stuff before, but it looks pretty easy.

There are a few other manufacturer's that make similar products and might offer different colors, Grizzly Grip, DuraBak.

Let's hope someone else that's actually done this chimes in...

Shaane

Recruit
Re: Anyone installed rino lining on the keel of a lund??

I am familiar with Durabak, my buddy wanted to paint his jeep cherokee, I made the suggestion because he takes it four wheeling a lot. The next weekend he did the whole truck. I was impressed, he used the rougher texture (Durabak also makes a smooth finish). You talk about a durable product. Funny thing was, when he washed it he couldn't just shamois it off so he would let it dry and dilute armour all in a weed sprayer and spray the whole thing. Back to the subject. I also know that rhino liner makes a touch up dye kit for the color in case the colors start to fade. It also works great. Good luck with the project, I think Ill try mine in March. Post how yours worked out and some pictures... Id like to see them.