help with age of my chrysler

casper75

Seaman
I picked up a parts motor today. The Model# 707HF serial # 18179. Any Idea of the year. I was told it was a 1972 70 hp.

casper75

Seaman
Re: help with age of my chrysler

would the parts from a 73 interchange with a 79 both 70hp

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Most will however the ignition system might be different

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I forget exactly whether they changed Ignition and lower units in 1978 or 1979 but I think it was in 1979. SO:

If the 1979 is a late model '79, then it will have a one piece lower unit. If that is the case, it will have Prestolite distributorless ignition. Lower units and props will not be swappable and neither will ignition systems. However, carbs and all things mechanical on the block will be. The complete block along with ignition system will also be swappable from the earlier leg to the later and vice-versa. However, the newer Prestolite ignition system can not be swapped to the older block without machining work. The older ignition CAN be swapped to the newer block IF you can find the adapter that replaces the trigger and stator mount.

If the 79 is an earlier model with a distributor, then the ignition is swappable AND the 79 distributor will be preferable because it is a pointless electronic distributor--more precise timing than points.

landykid

Recruit

Hi New Member To This Site , And New To Pc. I Allso Just Bought An Old Crysler Outboard And Dont Know The Year Of The Dam Thing; Sereal No Is 1361 And The Model Number Is 205 Hd , Can Anyone Help ,,by The Way Could Anyone Tell Me How To Open A Topic , Like How To Ask A Question On This Site,, What Do I Click On ,, How To Start ,thank You

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Hello landykid and welcome to Iboats. Your motor is from 1972. When you are at the force chrysler forum page just above the very first topic you will see create new post. Fill in a title and say what you want to say then post it.

landykid

Recruit

Hello landykid and welcome to Iboats. Your motor is from 1972. When you are at the force chrysler forum page just above the very first topic you will see create new post. Fill in a title and say what you want to say then post it.
thanks for the welcome,,,and thanks for the year ta.