Anyone boat Texoma????

aspeck

Staff member
Might have a chance to go to Lake Texoma in the early or late summer. Anyone know much about it? Is it worth the trip? About 24 hour drive, so it would have to be good ... anything around for the wife? Stripper fishing ... any good that time of year? Not sure whether I would tow the bass boat or rent there ... any suggestions from ones in the area? Would be staying at Tanglewood in Plattsboro. Anyone know much about that area? Thanks for the info ...

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone boat Texoma????

Texoma requires a Texoma liscense since it is part of both Texas and Oklahoma. I believe you can get away with only one if you are very close to the land side of you liscense, not sure about that though. I am sure that whichever liscense you get as a primary, the upgrade to both is under $10 so play it safe. Pottsboro, right? According to the 2008 Texas Fishin Atlas there are several spots very near where you will be for Striped Bass from June- December. Before I say exactly where they are, We are talking about Pottsborro, right?

okboating

Seaman Apprentice

I get down to texoma once every couple of years. If I remember right the strippers are best in May, we hired a guide, and he was almost impossible to book in that month. The rest of it is okay, I really prefer Grand Lake or Tenkiller. These lakes are cleaner (less muddy, and prettier surroundings). I am not that big of a fishing guy, but I do think Texoma might be pretty good fishin wise, I also hear quite a bit about Eufala for fishin.
Dave

aspeck

Staff member

Yep, Pottsboro. Thanks for the info so far ...

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you're after strippers, I can see why you are asking about activities for the wife.

Sorry, somebody had to do that.

Jinx

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

Aspeck, I haven't forgooten about you. I'll get you those spots soon just real busy lately. I actually have nearly the same exact info in a 2006 version. Pm if you want and I'll mail it to you. Or wait and when I'm bored I'll type the most important stuff out for you.