Alright, all you Fisher Lovers, What do you Think???

chris Semi

Recruit
I am a Michigan Man, and im looking to buy a 1999 19ft. Avenger Walk through consol, and dont know a thing good, bad or indifferent about Fisher. Im on some big water, Lake Erie, St.Clair, Detroit river etc. Will this boat hold to the test of the Great lakes????? I dont see alot of these out on the big water, so Im going to the Experts......any Non-bias reviews of this boat would be Fantastic. Thanks for your Help in advance.....

Chris

ATF27

Cadet
Re: Alright, all you Fisher Lovers, What do you Think???

I have a 2000 19 avenger I bought new in 2003. The boat has 135 hours on it and this year I noticed it taking on more water than usual. I found a hole and 3 cracks in the hull.
Fisher/Tracker warranty only covers the exterior welds so they will not repair the boat. I took it to a welding shop that specializes in aluminum boat repair. They said it was quite common and that it was a result of overheating the aluminum during welding. The sad part is I never pushed this boat hard and this is the result. Botoom line is stay away.

basalt51

Seaman
Re: Alright, all you Fisher Lovers, What do you Think???

I bought my '93 a few montsh ago and its a fantastic boat. Fisher was bought by tracker in '98 I believe, and quality may have gone down from there. I have zero leaks in my hull and the entire boat is aluminum which I think is how all the boats are prior to '98.