Gamefisher "Aircooled 2cycle oil"?

ooldschooll

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought and sold a 1.75 gamefisher Air cooled motor. it is made by tanaka and another site said to use "air cooled 2 cycle oil" what is the differences in the 2. I never knew there was different types of 2 cycle oil. I'd like to tell the guy that bought it but need educated myself. thanks

asdasc

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gamefisher "Aircooled 2cycle oil"?

Wow! That is a link worth saving. That is a ton of good information about oil additives.

Thanks for sharing.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I just bought and sold a 1.75 gamefisher Air cooled motor. it is made by tanaka and another site said to use "air cooled 2 cycle oil" what is the differences in the 2. I never knew there was different types of 2 cycle oil. I'd like to tell the guy that bought it but need educated myself. thanks

My info from my 5 aftermarket service manuals ,1955 to 1989 applications,and my Citgo TCW3 oil container is Use quality outboard 2 stroke oil.My TCW3 Container includes basically all 2 stroke applications in its description.
There is no doubt certain High performance air cooled 2 strokes may require specific oils.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Let's face it, air cooled motors run a lot hotter than water cooled ones. Even hotter than chainsaws. You touch one of those suckers after a hard run and you are going to get singed. Yes, the manuals say to use TC-W3, but in my humble opinion that's marginal. The previous link tells it all.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Considering these air cooleds are marginmal at best it does seem that there are a lot of them still around with their inards still intact.They probably won't run but very few have been siezed or without compression.
Of course that may be because they don't run long enough to get hot.

ooldschooll

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The reason I asked is the Tanaka site made mention of it. I have never owned an air cooled outboard. now I know and have informed the guy that purchased it from me thanks for the info.

featherfun

Recruit

Randy! best advice you can give the person U sold the 1.5 Eska engine to is to get a Factory Service manual, to better understand his engine. on ebay item 300261551944, will work for him. Owners manuals will give him part numbers but need the model number for that. Can buy parts to repair carb kits, fuel pump kits, and impellers. Which is a must to deal with any engine, old or new, Jele3