Another carpet Question

scottfus73

Cadet
Do I have to buy Boat carpet since this is the inside of the boat? Or can I go to a carpet store and buy a good name brand carpet? Thanks for any help all new to boating.

talexander38

Recruit
Re: Another carpet Question

you'll need to check on the matting and make sure it can repel water and not hold it do to rot then smell.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A 'good' brand name carpet will probably cost you as much as a middle of the line marine carpet anyways. The marine carpet will be better suited for any boat application but depending on where it is for (bridge, deck, cabin) and what kind of usage it will see (swimming? fishing? water sports? dry people?) you may get away with your ordinary type carpet. Only caveat is if you use regular carpet and it gets wet and not looked after, it will retain the moisture, create mold, rot and smell.

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just put Home Depot's indoor/ outdoor carpet in my santa cruz and its worked very well on the ceeling with a spray adhesive. I cant remember what the name was but it was like $0.49 a sq ft. nice dark blue color, but they have greys, and tans also